Saturday, May 9, 2009

Best wishes for a Happy Mother's Day...

Mother's Day...
I have pretty mixed emotions about this particular day of the year. My husband went shopping with T the other night, and today delivered my gift: A DVD Season 2 compliation of one of my all-time favorite sit-com/dramas, "Scrubs." It was thoughtful, because he knows how sad I am that my beloved characters are off the air as of this season, but, I felt myself longing for something a bit more...I don't know, heartfelt.

But, that's my problem with pre-scheduled, "hallmark" holidays. I have these expectations that always get in the way of really, truly appreciating the gifts from those I love and the thought they put into them. Maybe it has something to do with Love Languages (mine is NOT gifts, I'm pretty sure) or maybe the root of it is simply my own self-centerdness and my sinful desire to have everyone in my house love me as much as I do...

Really, all I want for Mother's day is some quality time with my boys, a visit to Anna's grave with them, and some heartfelt loving words and a hug from my little T & husband. I expect that hubby should know this and already have it planned, but in reality (now, sit down girls), Men actually CAN'T read our minds. I know, I know, shocker.

If you're a mom, enjoy your special day of the year when its actually scheduled on the Western calendar to honor you and thank you. If you're not, or are wishing you were (I know this day is miserable for you, especially), then give your mom what she really wants...a great big HUG and a heartfelt word of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment