Saturday, November 22, 2008

3 Reasons "Frydays" are still great ...

When I quit my job so I could become and then stay a stay-at-home mama, I was a bit sad that I wouldn't enjoy the excitment of a Friday afternoon. You know when you sit at your desk, and realize that you have the next 2.5 days to be at home or at play with your husband, planning lunches with friends, and just lounging at home doing nothing.

But, I realize now, I actually think I look forward to weekends more now! I'm so worn out by Friday afternoon after a weeks worth of chasing around a spunky, cuddly, 14 month old that when 5:00 hits and Mr. Wonderful walks in, I'm completely stoked for the next 2.5 days of fun, rest, adult conversation and family time. But, this weekend, I'll be more specific and name 3 reasons why this "Fryday"is bringing an especially, special weekend.

1. Chick Flick night with a fun friend - all inclusive, with Caramel Turtle Brownies, popcorn, and cranberry/sierra mist free/o.j. beverages. Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants II wasn't quite as good as the book, but let's be honest, are they ever?
2. Special contest hosted by my favorite Blog Princess and her charming, Royal MckFamily. I love her passion for photography, children, the Midwest and most of all, Christ alone.
3. Dinner date with my favorite husband. Yay, for babysitters :)



No comments:

Post a Comment