Wednesday, November 5, 2008

RIP: "Stripes"

Truth: Prior to this incident, I had never hit an animal while driving.
Truth: I have hit a number of vehicles (albeit at a slow speed) while driving.
It was the night before Halloween, I was driving home on a country-ish road, when an orange blur ran accross my view. I knew instantly that my clean, no dead animal record, was permanently altered. I decided to stop at the home where the cat hopped off to, and in a panic, described the cat that I had hit, hoping that they wouldn't have any idea what I was talking about. But, when the little boy yelled, "Oh, no, STRIPES!" I knew I had done something awful.
The woman thanked me for stopping, and the family went over to Stripes to be with him for his last dying breaths.
Ugh.
In memory, I carved my Halloween jackolantern to resemble a cat, and it actually turned out fairly well.
Rest in Peace, Mr. Stripes.

1 comment:

  1. OHHH man i had no idea when you said you hit a cat it was someones :( how sad!!! Lets just say our family is a little accadent prone lately... Matt hit a deer last night and wrecked his car... or well the deer hit him... and E fell on a speaker (with collin's help) and his face is soooo horrable.... i tell ya what some seasons in life just have more accadents then others :) AND i had no idea you were a blogger!!!

    ReplyDelete